We provide lower-cost spay/neuter certificates for people who cannot afford to pay full price. The cost for cats is $55 (female) / $45 (male); the cost for dogs is $75 (female) / $55 (male). Prices may vary based on factors such as weight and whether the patient is pregnant.
If you need a lower-cost spay/neuter certificate, please stop by our facility to retrieve one from the informational bins that are located at the front of our building (accessible 24/7), or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (include a brief description of your pet with your request) to:
Humane Society of Cobb County
148 Fairground St. SE
Marietta, GA 30060
Do not send us money; you will pay the veterinary clinic that provides the services.
Below is a list of veterinary clinics that participate in our low-cost spay/neuter certificate program. Other clinics may accept this certificate at their discretion.
Clinics have the right to limit the number of certificates accepted per month, and they may require proof of low income for your household.
We recommend that you call several of the clinics listed on the back of the certificate, in advance, to ask about additional charges. For example:
- Will an exam fee be charged?
- Is bloodwork required prior to the surgery?
- Is there an additional fee if the pet is in heat, pregnant, or an extra-large pet?
- What vaccinations will be required? Can you provide proof of them from another clinic?
- Other additional charges may include pain medication, fluids, anesthesia, etc. Make sure you understand these charges.
- Please thank your veterinarian for providing this life-saving program!
Veterinary clinics that participate in the Humane Society of Cobb County’s low-cost spay/neuter certificate program (last updated 10/27/2018):
|Acres Mill Veterinary||Canton||770-479-1905|
|Acworth Animal Hospital||Acworth||770-974-2221|
|Animal Care Center||Smyrna||770-438-2694|
|Animal Care Clinic||Powder Springs||770-439-1996|
|Animal Health Center||Marietta||770-439-1994|
|Arkle Veterinary Care||Smyrna||770-435-6700|
|Atlanta West Veterinary Hospital||Villa Rica||770-459-2253|
|Averill Animal Hospital||Marietta||770-422-2402|
|Cat Clinic of Roswell||Roswell||770-552-7877|
|Due West Animal Clinic||Marietta||770-419-3381|
|Fair Oaks Veterinary Clinic||Marietta||770-432-7155|
|Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital||Kennesaw||770-419-0362|
|Kennesaw Mountain Veterinary Services||Kennesaw||770-447-3927|
|Lake City Animal Hospital||Acworth||770-974-3536|
|Powder Springs Animal Hospital||Powder Springs||770-943-1811|
|The Veterinary Clinic||Marietta||770-428-3381|
|The Veterinary Clinic West||Marietta||770-424-5484|
|Town & Country||Marietta||770-971-1556|
Other low-cost spay/neuter options:
The organizations listed below DO NOT participate in the HSCC’s low-cost certificate program, and they WILL NOT accept the certificates mentioned above. They are low-cost clinics and have their own pricing structures. Call them for accurate pricing, as prices are subject to change. Expect to incur extra charges; be sure to ask the clinic what these charges might be (for example, vaccinations, testing, antibiotics, overnight boarding, extenuating circumstances such as pregnancy or heat, etc.).
- Friends of Animals: 1-800-321-7387 (they offer their own certificates, by mail or online)
- Project CatSnip: 770-455-7077
- Spay Georgia: 770-662-4479 (leave a message with your address and they will mail you an information package)
- West Georgia Spay/Neuter Clinic: 678-840-8072 (Carroll County)
- Lifeline Spay & Neuter Clinic: 404-292-8800 ext. 24 (Avondale Estates in Dekalb County)