If you wish to donate money fill out the form below.
HSCC Wish List:
Please call to make an appointment to drop off your generous donations 770-428-9882 Mon-Sat 12 noon to 4PM is best. Let us know if you would like a receipt.
The Humane Society always needs the following items:
- Open (dry only) or slightly expired pet food is acceptable
- Plastic igloo, or square, any size, NO wooden ones please
- Baby Food-Strained meats, (Chicken, lamb or pork) no dinner combinations
- Bleach (unscented)
- Cat litter (unscented)
- Laundry soap, unscented "free of fragrances and dyes"
- Copy paper
- Copy machine toner Cannon model MF6500 cartridge 106
- Chinchilla, dove food, millet & treats
- Disposable face masks
- Hills Science Diet prescription dry food, C/D, W/D, S/D canned A/D
- Ink for HP deskjet 940c printer (Black 15, Color 78)
- Kitten milk replacer (Catsip, KMR, Whiskas Cat Milk, Hartz Milk replacer)
- Latex gloves (disposable, size medium & large)
- Paper towels, Kleenex, toilet paper
- Petsmart and Publix gift cards
- Postage stamps
- Trash bags 13 and 33 gallon or larger
The Humane Society depends solely on donations. We are not funded by the county, the ASPCA or the Humane Society of the United States.
You can sit in the comfort of your home and help out. Just choose an item and they will send it directly to us. If you would like to send an item in someone's honor or memory, just put the information on Amazon in the "send as a gift" section. If you include their name and address of who it is in memory of or in honor of, we will send them notification that a gift was recieved in their name. Don't forget to include your name as well so we can properly thank you and let the reciepient know of your kindness.
To benifit us further if you click this link and choose our organization before you shop, we will benifit from your purchase. fundinco
We would like to thank all of the kind donors that have sent us gifts through our Amazon wish list.
Unfortunately not all of the donors have included their names so that we could properly thank them for their gifts. If you have not received a thank you and would like to be acknowledged, please contact us.
Some of the things on our wish list are:
Dove food, raisins, laundry soap, toilet paper, Kleenex, pet food, and trash bags.
Just click on the link and start shopping! Amazon wish list
Please visit our online wish list: Amazon wish list click the following link before shopping to further help our organization. fundinco
Become a Volunteer!
| Print |
The mission of the Humane Society of Cobb County is to promote humane welfare and responsible animal guardianship through educational community outreach, shelter, and spay/neuter programs.
The Humane Society of Cobb County is a charitable, humane animal welfare organization founded in 1957. With the assistance of dedicated, caring volunteers and generous supporters, our programs continue to make a positive difference in the lives of innocent animals in need.
All of our pets have been tested, vaccinated, microchipped and spayed/neutered before adoption.
We appreciate your interest in volunteer opportunities at the Humane Society of Cobb County. We are a no kill, non-profit organization. We do not get any city, county or state funding. The facility is run on donations, bequests, and grants and through fund raising efforts. We house mainly cats, kittens, several exotic/pocket pets, and only a few dogs at a time which are typically small breed.
At this time we are not able to accept any new volunteer profiles as there is a need to get current applicants through their orientations. Our Community Service program is seperate to our volunteer program. Please review "Other information" below regarding Community Service participation.
It may be a couple of months before we are able to accept additional volunteers but we will definitely update that information on this page as that time draws closer.
Due to liability reasons we do not allow volunteers under the age of 18. Below you will find various activities that require volunteer time. Please download and return the volunteer profile form and return it by email. We will then notify you of the next orientation date. These orientations last approximately an hou. You must attend an orientation prior to volunteering. Orientations are held once a month.
- Please refrain from bringing children under the age of 18 with you to volunteer, or to orientation.
- If you have a high interest in working hands on with dogs, contact Cobb County Animal Control 770-590-5603. They typically house approximately 200 dogs.
Below is a list of areas that we need help in:
Cleaning & Maintenance:
- 10:0AM until 12PM is when our cleaning occurs, seven days a week.
- We clean cat cages, feed, water, wash dishes, do laundry, dust, and sweep.
- Help with yard work is also needed such as cutting the grass, pulling weeds, trimming hedges and watering plants.
- New banks can be placed in just about any business.
- You can help us find new locations and empty banks out on a regular basis.
- You could empty the banks,count the money and deliver it back to us. This is done twice a year.
- We always need help with these important programs.
- Help us present educational programs to our youths in elementary schools, middle schools, day care centers, girl/boy scouts troops and other youth organizations. This is done on an as needed basis either at our location or theirs. You would always be with an experienced volunteer or employee.
- Creative? Energetic? Enthusiastic? We’d love to hear your new ideas for fundraising.
- Help is needed as events arise.
- We receive up to 100 calls daily. Once trained, volunteers may help answer the phones, and enter information in the computer.
- Many of our callers need counseling and education on pet care, adoption or aid in placing their pet.
- This is done Monday through Saturday 12 PM until 5 PM
- Our pets always enjoy company by being petted, brushed and played with. This is done Monday through Saturday 12 PM until 4:30 PM.
- This does not apply to community service, (court ordered or pre-court). You must call 770-428-9882 for information.
- If you are under 18 years of age please look at our Just for Kids Page.
- You can collect things to donate from this list. You can also look at our kids section in order to get more ideas.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF COBB COUNTY VOLUNTEER PROFILE
Email us your volunteer profile to